[TUHS] The MGR window system and the Macintosh

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 07:14:02 AEST 2022

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 3:46 PM John Floren <john at jfloren.net> wrote:
> [snip]
> Does anyone know more about MGR, particularly on the Mac? That page has
> the source for MGR 0.69, but there's no mention of the Macintosh in it
> (aside from comments about how it was supported on older versions...)

I got it working once under FreeBSD back in the 4.x days.

It wasn't particularly notable, or at least didn't leave much of an
impression; it presented a pretty "standard" (and primitive!)
graphical experience. I believe it was monochrome, with amber
on black.

I don't know anything about it on the Mac, I'm afraid; I suspect it
probably ran in a Window under Finder, but that is pure speculation.

        - Dan C.