[TUHS] The MGR window system and the Macintosh

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Fri Aug 5 09:56:23 AEST 2022

On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 04:21:28PM -0700, Bakul Shah wrote:

> > On Aug 4, 2022, at 4:07 PM, Grant Taylor via TUHS <tuhs at tuhs.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 8/4/22 2:29 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> >> i think I may need to push this to bitsavers. the c.s.unix archive was a little more difficult to find than I thought.
> >
> > Is that your site? Or someone else's.  The URL tends to indicate the latter.
>
> I believe that is Andy Valencia's site. He is the author of VSTa microkernel.
>
> > I ask because I'd be happy to mirror it on my site.
>
> I think Usenet bits are archived on archive.org. For instance:
> https://archive.org/details/cdrom-usernet-sources-newsgroups-1994-10-1
>
> You can also find them on googlegroups but don't know what damage they may
> have done.

Oh, the damage that Google has done to netnews is immense.  Remember
dejanews?  With their spiffy search interface that would let you look for
stuff in date ranges?  Yeah, google bought dejanews, killed the search
(because theirs was "better", it most definitely is not), and then did
google groups which is complete garbage.