[TUHS] The MGR window system and the Macintosh

Andrew Newman atrn at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 5 10:37:11 AEST 2022

> On 5 Aug 2022, at 9:09 am, Grant Taylor via TUHS <tuhs at tuhs.org> wrote:
>

> The idea of something doing graphics over a serial port is intriguing to me.  Eliding some form of IP over a dial up connection.
>
> The closest thing that comes to mind is Sixel or ReGIS graphics.

In the early to mid 1980s I used Tektronix storage terminals hooked up to a PDP-11 and/or VAX. And we also had an AED terminal that did raster graphics. All via serial comms.

There's a bunch of AED documentation online, including this...

 http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/aed/brochures/AED_767_Brochure_Jun82.pdf <http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/aed/brochures/AED_767_Brochure_Jun82.pdf>

(searching for AED graphics terminal will lead you to the user manual which has a lot more detail and electrical specs and so on)