[TUHS] Stdin Redirect in Cu History/Alternatives?

Michael Kjörling e5655f30a07f at ewoof.net
Mon Dec 12 04:54:22 AEST 2022

On 11 Dec 2022 10:18 -0700, from athornton at gmail.com (Adam Thornton):
> The funny thing about that...the project spanned the July 4th
> weekend. I didn't get it working before the 4th. Then when I went in
> very hungover after the weekend, I couldn't figure out quite what I
> had been trying to do, because it was something that was attempting
> to be very clever. So in my dulled state, I rewrote the bottom
> layers to be much more straightforward. Worked the first time. That
> taught me the virtue of not overthinking it.

By definition, if you write code as cleverly as you can, then you
aren't clever enough to debug it...

There's something to be said for simplicity unless for some reason you
really need to be clever. Let's save the clever for the, say, 1% where
it's actually needed; premature application of cleverness is the root
of much evil.

--
✍  Michael Kjörling                  🏡 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”