[TUHS] Stdin Redirect in Cu History/Alternatives?

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 03:18:38 AEST 2022

In the late 1990s I did a brief consulting project to move files between sites.  Something to do with customer billing and record transmission, from some large system that was not Internet-connected.  It ended up being a terrible teetering tower of kermit, sz or sx, and expect.  But it got the job done!

The funny thing about that...the project spanned the July 4th weekend.  I didn't get it working before the 4th.  Then when I went in very hungover after the weekend, I couldn't figure out quite what I had been trying to do, because it was something that was attempting to be very clever.  So in my dulled state, I rewrote the bottom layers to be much more straightforward.  Worked the first time.  That taught me the virtue of not overthinking it.

Adam