[TUHS] Stdin Redirect in Cu History/Alternatives?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Tue Dec 13 11:54:20 AEST 2022

On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 10:04:54AM -0500, Dan Cross wrote:
> I think this is in line with Larry's question about non-legacy
> use-cases for these ancient serial transfer protocols in late 2022.

Indeed, this was just what I was looking for.  I had no idea that
serial transfer protocols were still useful.

It makes me wish I had kept the source for quicknet, I wrote my
own file transfer and remote terminal for CP/M in the middle
1980s.  I did it just because I wanted things to work a certain
way and none of the other options did what I wanted.  quicknet was
really pleasant on a 128K Z80 (not really 128K because the screen
was mapped in there, but more than 64K).  I spent many a pleasant
hour logged in to uwvax in quicknet, got a lot of work done.

Thanks to you and others who had shown that serial transfer still
matters.  Who knew?  You did.
--
---
Larry McVoy           Retired to fishing          http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/boat