[TUHS] Document management in Unix, back in the day?

Seth J. Morabito web at loomcom.com
Sat Feb 5 03:35:19 AEST 2022

Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> writes:
> Then I thought, surely, I'm not the first person to have had this
> problem... it occurred to me that y'all must have faced this very
> problem, a few years in, back in the late 70's, early 80's. That is,
> document management. What did you do, variously, considering both text
> and non-text?

I'm sure the vast majority of document management was in real folders in
real filing cabinets. We take our vast stores of electronic documents
for granted these days, but it's shockingly recent in computing terms!

Besides, it's fun to scribble notes all over printouts and Xeroxes :^)

> Will

-Seth
--
Seth Morabito