[TUHS] Go vs. Rust, and etc. (was: more about Brian...)

Seth J. Morabito web at loomcom.com
Sat Feb 5 09:15:19 AEST 2022

Richard Salz <rich.salz at gmail.com> writes:

> I really wish there were a manpage that says "foo is the one true
> language" just like ed(1).  Then this thread would stop.

[...]
  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root          24 Oct 29  1929 /bin/ed
  -rwxr-xr-t  4 root     1310720 Jan  1  1970 /usr/ucb/vi
  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  5.89824e37 Oct 22  1990 /usr/bin/emacs
[...]

Of course, the wonderful thing about programming languages is that, like
editors, there are so many to choose from and everyone can find one that
they find enjoyment using.

I really like C, and Rust, and Haskell, and Lisp, and Python, and
Erlang, and many others. Some others I enjoy quite a bit less than
these. And all of them can be used to write good programs and bad
programs.

-Seth
--
Seth Morabito