[TUHS] Go vs. Rust, and etc. (was: more about Brian...)

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:41:26 AEST 2022

I've written COBOL for money.  I'm not proud of it but I won't deny it.
I've written Python, C, Perl, and Go (and doubtless some others) for both
love and money at different times.  I've written LISP (well, Scheme) for a
grade and for love.  I've written Inform 6 and 7, and 6502 assembler, and a
bunch of other things, just for love.  I am sure I couldn't stop writing
programs if I had to.

As Emmylou Harris sang:

Well, I did it for kicks and I did it for hate
I did it for lust and I did it for faith
I did it for need and I did it for love
Addiction stayed on tight like a glove