[TUHS] v7 source code for sh

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM) lyndon at orthanc.ca
Mon Feb 21 07:19:01 AEST 2022

Chet Ramey writes:

> It always seemed like it would have been just the thing to implement as a
> tty streams module, but research Unix went in a different direction.

I'm really surprised nobody has implemented a basic readline as a
tty line discipline by now.  I was poking around the OpenBSD NMEA
line discipline code a few weeks ago and thinking it shouldn't be
that hard to do.

Did anyone think about doing this in the past? If yes, what made you
decide against doing it?  (Or a streams implementation, for that matter.)

--lyndon