[TUHS] "9 skills our grandkids won't have" - Is this a TUHS topic?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Jul 2 04:09:51 AEST 2022

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 11:50 AM Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew.org> wrote:

> I believe CP/M was inspired by many of the DEC traditions,

If you do some Internet searching, there is an interview (IIRC from Byte
Magazine in the late 1970s) where its author (Gary Kildall) straight out
said he was trying to emulate RT-11 for an 8080.  The funny thing to
remember is that Kildall was a language guy, he wrote CP/M to demo his
programming language PL/M for Intel.  The demo ended up having more
longevity than the tool he was trying to sell.
ᐧ