[TUHS] Pipes and PRISM

Richard Salz rich.salz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:25:23 AEST 2022

The VMS process model is different from Unix; like TOPS-20, it was more a
shared address space. I don't remember details, but I do recall that a
"logout" call in a DCL script logged you out of the system.

Did Softway Systems make kernel changes? I know MSFT's original Posix plan
was to do it all in user-space.  WSL is a Ubuntu port, so if Softway had
kernel changes, I could see how that made things simpler.