[TUHS] First Unix-like OSes not derived from AT&T code?

Jim Carpenter jim at deitygraveyard.com
Tue May 3 14:37:47 AEST 2022

On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 10:06 AM Kenneth Goodwin
<kennethgoodwin56 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe a version of Coherent resides at Sourceforge in the operating systems archives.

Coherent, which was open sourced many years ago by MWC founder Bob
Swartz (Aaron's dad), is available at
http://www.nesssoftware.com/home/mwc/source.php . You can get Coherent
sources, source for the excellent manual, and XYBASIC.

Udo Munk (does the CP/M emulators with the fancy front panels) worked
at MWC and has been going crazy (re)creating Coherent build systems,
older versions (down to 3.2.1?), VMs you can play with and lots more.
I also see he recently made available disk images for Coherent 2.3.43
for the 8086. His stuff is at  https://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/ .

Jim