[TUHS] First Unix-like OSes not derived from AT&T code?

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Wed May 11 05:27:07 AEST 2022

Charles H Sauer wrote:
> I mostly defer to Heinz and Clem regarding PC/IX. It is hard to
> imagine the IBM people in Boca Raton allowing the Chaplin imagery to
> be used with a secondary product like PC/IX, but I don't remember the
> packaging.

Here's something interesting from
http://vtda.org/bits/OS/IBM/pcix/documentation/pcix.txt

   Anyway, the PC/IX binders were pinstriped, very dark charcoal gray,
   with white type, and a bud vase with a single red rose, harking back
   to the original IBM PC ad campaign featuring “The Little Tramp”
   (Charlie Chaplin lookalike with a red rose); the VM/IX binders were
   identical, except for a vase with a bouquet of red roses.