[TUHS] vi in cooked mode?

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sat Nov 5 04:33:34 AEST 2022

>v6 vs v7 PDP-11 vs Vax much less vi vs emacs.

Amusingly, as weith many of us, I got my start with "ed."   I never
actually learned vi.   By the time I was ready to move up to screen
editors, the emacs-ish things were available to me.
I did a small stint using INed (Rand-editor variant) at one job.

My employees always found it amusing that if I was stuck on a machine
that didn't have some emacs-ish thing, I just used ed.    They marvelled
at my ability to complex substitutions with the s/// regular
expressions.