[TUHS] the rise of discmaster.textfiles.com

Grant Taylor via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Sun Nov 13 06:17:33 AEST 2022

On 11/12/22 11:51 AM, Arnold Robbins wrote:
> http://blog.archive.org/2022/10/24/the-rise-of-discmaster/

DiscMaster is EXTREMELY interesting.

I've been really enjoying it for two to three weeks.  --  I think I saw
it within it's first week of official release.

I'm subscribing to the RSS feed of what's added on a near daily basis.

N.B. DiscMaster is indexing disk images found on Internet Archive.

DiscMaster is a different type of search engine / gateway to Internet
Archive contents.

> There seems to be lots of different vendor unix stuff here, as well
> as many other things.

Yep.  There has been a LOT of vendor unix stuff on Internet Archive for
a long time.  It was just a lot harder to find than it is via
DiscMaster's index thereof.

I've seen a lot of SGI Irix stuff as of late.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die