[TUHS] Early multiprocessor Unix

Rudi Blom rudi.j.blom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:55:20 AEST 2022

Around 1985 the computer division of Philips Electronics had a Moterola
68010 based server running MPX (Multi Processor Unix) based on System 5.3
with modification. The 'Multi' part was related to the intelligent LAN and
WAN controllers each with their own 68010 processor and memory. A separate
system image would be downloaded at server boot-time. Truly Multi-Processor
:-)

Here an announcement of the latest (probably last) model, from 1988.
https://techmonitor.ai/technology/philips_ready_with_68030_models_for_its_p9000_unix_workstation_family

--
The more I learn the better I understand I know nothing.