[TUHS] python

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Aug 3 12:56:41 AEST 2023

On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 8:21 PM Pete Wright via TUHS <tuhs at tuhs.org> wrote:

> this isn't to say i think python is the end-all of programming, far from
> it, but it certainly took a lot of the novice programmer anxiety out of
> programming for be.

python doesn't suck because batteries are included and what's not included
is pretty easy to just drag in and get craptops of useful stuff done in a
hurry.
Would I write a kernel in? Hell no. But would I knock together a bit of data
visualization after massaging data in an almost throw-a-way manner? You
betcha. It's stunningly adequate... A latter day awk for junk I need to do
from time to time...

Warner