[TUHS] python

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 18:32:27 AEST 2023

I once inherited maintenance of a critical piece of infrastructure written
in exquisitely well written, tested, and documented Python. I mean it, it
was really really good.

It crashed about once a week and I had to fix it over and over because in
those exponentially vast combinations of paths through the code would arise
yet another way to turn a string into a list, or something analogous. It
was hell.

Critical code needs static typing.

-rob