[TUHS] Proper use of TUHS (was Re: Typesetter C compiler)

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:36:44 AEST 2023

On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 2:02 PM Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> [snip] I don't
> have the energy to look through the tons of opinion posts about recent
> programming styles, to find the posts about actual Unix history which related
> to that compiler,
> [snip]

On a semi-related note....

I have found TUHS a valuable resource, not just for discussing Unix
history, but for gaining a deeper understanding of systems which
informs my present and that I imagine will influence my future work as
well.

However, lately it has become clear that this is not always a welcome
use of the list. I don't think COFF is universally appropriate for
that either.

So, the question becomes: what _is_ that forum, if such a thing exists at all?

        - Dan C.