[TUHS] project athena (was Re: Setting up an X Development Environment for Mac OS)

Henry Mensch henry at henare.com
Sat Feb 11 10:13:41 AEST 2023

that would have happened before I arrived in April of 1986. my first job at Athena was to. get folks off those XTs and (mostly) ATs.

This was wildly unsuccessful and unpopular because the replacement hardware wouldn't be similarly capable... and also because, even then, there were more things that could be plugged into XTs and ATs. The old platform was perceived as more versatile.

- Henry