[TUHS] Setting up an X Development Environment for Mac OS

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sat Jan 28 00:49:25 AEST 2023

Having been running a University computer center we were the target
environment for these.   Still the “optical only” drive was problematic.
By the time I actually received one (the joke was that the company was
going to be renamed from “Next” to “Eventually”).   It did have a hard
drive in it.
Oddly, the other thing it lacked was parity on the memory.    A big
thing was made over the fact that the thing wasn’t exaxtly a cube in
shape.

But it was Mach inside which meant it was fairy decent.   It was one of
the several dozen things we ported our software to.   For some reason,
the one I had came with a poorly digitized version of Janes All the
World’s Aircraft.

It did have the top bar menus similar to the then MacOS environment and
what would become the Max OSX.