[TUHS] Jerq menuhit/mhit

Dave Brown dave at bagpuss.nu
Mon Jul 3 00:13:51 AEST 2023

Was there a connection between MGR and Blit?  Just from a programming standpoint there is similarities in that they both transport agnostic; using escape sequences for graphical/UI functions.  I know MGR code does little more than provide a bitblit interface and it’s upto whoever ports it to implement the interface to the hardware.

 I took the MGR code, and extended the distribution for the Atari ST (added new demos, fonts and libraries); many years ago.

Might be worth porting it to SDL for a giggle.

Sent from my iPhone