[TUHS] Cool talk on Unix and Sendmail history, by Eric Allman

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Sat Jul 22 16:45:39 AEST 2023

Larry McVoy wrote:
> I'm not the last guy who wants to use C for serious work.

I'm using many diffent languages for many things.  But when I write
stuff that I'm humbly HOPING will be useful, say, 30 years from now, I
pick C.  It seems to me it's likely it will stick around, close to its
current form, a long time from now.  I don't think I could make that bet
on other languages that are popular now, either due to the language
itself being in flux, or its libraries, ecosystem, etc.