[TUHS] Origins of the frame buffer device

Kenneth Goodwin kennethgoodwin56 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 11:21:11 AEST 2023

Pdp 11/04  as a device controller.

 As I recall, they used a Dec parallel interface to connect the frame
buffer controller to the host systems. Tom Duff would be the subject matter
expert on the actual hardware. (If you can  get his attention and drag him
out of retirement for a bit.) This was pre networks.

There was a second company that entered the market a few years later. The
name is unfortunately in external offline storage...

We have come a LONG WAY since those days..