[TUHS] Origins of the frame buffer device

Kenneth Goodwin kennethgoodwin56 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 04:43:45 AEST 2023

On Wed, Mar 8, 2023, 1:21 PM Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> I really miss terminal rooms.  I learned so much looking over the
> shoulders of more experienced people.  Wait, you can run a paragraph of
> text through fmt(1)?  How the heck did you do that?
>
> I don't really miss it for me, I'm retired, but I think kids learning
> are sort of at a disadvantage.  Not sure there is a youtube video that
> teaches you to say:
>
> :map , !}fmt<CR>

You could all create those videos.
How to"s
The histories
Evolution.
Working with the Legends of Computer Science

Insights into working on the R&D side

Give them an insight into the problems you faced and how you approached
finding a solution. Teaches critical thinking, how to approach the
impossible problem
>From a personal perspective.
The emotional side of great research
The eureka moments in your lives.
 Teach inspire

The olde Geezer Geeks Educational Video Series for Young Minds and New
Hackers.