[TUHS] BSTJ 1978 UNIX Issue Price Appreciation

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Fri May 12 19:38:37 AEST 2023

Clem,

Thanks for the recommendation.

Gordon Bell has put copies of his publications, including books, on his website. [ Books at end of page ]
The 1971 and 1982 ‘Computer Structures’ books are there.

	<http://gordonbell.azurewebsites.net/Pubs.htm>

However, they aren’t in PDF or .doc format but a series of single-page HTML, at least they’re linked + ‘Contents’.
The images are scans from the book - not always straight or highly legible.

The effort that went into creating these online works and providing them for free (in perpetuity?)
is to be appreciated & applauded.

I found a PDF of a scanned & searchable version elsewhere.

Quite different from the Patterson/Hennessy book.
The field & its understanding of itself visibly progressed.

regards
steve j

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design