[TUHS] Berkeley Font Catalog

Jonathan Gray jsg at jsg.id.au
Mon May 15 10:58:41 AEST 2023

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 06:17:03PM +0000, segaloco via TUHS wrote:
> Hello, I've just today secured purchase of an original 4BSD manual
> and papers set and a copy of what I believe is the V6 papers set
> as well.  Of note amongst the tabs I could read from the pictures
> of the Berkeley binder was a section of fonts that I don't think
> I've seen before named the Berkeley Font Catalog.  I did a bit of
> searching around and didn't find anything matching that on first
> inspection re: scanned and source-available BSD doc collections.
> Anyone got the scoop on this?

The Berkeley Font Catalog appears in existing scans.

https://bitsavers.org/pdf/mtXinu/MT_XINU_Vol_0.pdf
pg 154
https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_mtXinuMTXI_21123781/page/n153/mode/2up

https://archive.org/details/h42_PCS_MUNIX_Programmers_Manual_Volume_2C/page/n107/mode/2up
https://archive.org/details/h42_PCS_MUNIX_Volume_III/page/n575/mode/2up

https://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/ultrix-32/3.0/AA-MF06A-TE_ULTRIX-32_3.0_Supplementary_Documents_Vol.1_General_User_1988.pdf
pg 520 6-27
https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_decvaxultrRIX323.0SupplementaryDocumentsVol.1Gener_33726499/page/n519/mode/2up

"A copy of volume 2C of the 4.1BSD or 4.2BSD manual includes the
Berkeley Font Catalog"
https://archive.org/details/login_sept92/page/n29/mode/2up