[TUHS] 30,000 TUHS mailing list postings

Warren Toomey via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Wed Feb 21 14:04:41 AEST 2024

All, while I'm reminiscing about Minnie's history, I just noticed that we
have hit 30,000 postings on the combined TUHS/PUPS mailing list. Here is
some details about the list's history:

Cheers, Warren

## 31st Oct 1995: Start of the PUPS mailing list

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/1995-October/000001.html

This catered for the PDP-11 Unix Preservation Society.

## 3rd Sep 1997: Majordomo List Software

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/1997-September/000132.html

Before this I was using /etc/aliases and sendmail for the list.

## 13th June 2000: TUHS List Created

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2000-June/001491.html

At this point both PUPS and TUHS lists were running at the same time.
There was some discussion as to the need for separate lists before this,
see https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2000-June/001413.html

## 1st Oct 2001: Changeover to Mailman 2

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2001-October/001912.html

## Oct 2013: Last PUPS Posting

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2013-October/thread.html

## Feb 2017: PUPS has been Merged with TUHS

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2017-February/009730.html

mentions the merge but not the date.

## 18 May 2022: Mailman 3 Upgrade

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2022-May/025852.html