[TUHS] Research Ninth Edition Manual (V1) Found

Thalia Archibald via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Thu Oct 1 10:39:15 AEST 2026


On Sep 30, 2026, at 17:46, segaloco wrote:
> Exciting news, I managed to run down a physical copy of volume one of
> the Ninth Edition Programmer's Manual.  I don't think any version of
> this is currently preserved, so I'll try and get it on my scan docket
> once I've got my new RISC-V machine all stable.

Hi Matt,

Fantastic!

This reminds me of a V8 tape that was recently discussed, so I looked for other
mentioned distributions. Does anyone know the status of these?

V8 is among Steve Bagley's magtape collection from the University of Nottingham.
Have they been imaged? Lars Brinkhoff was in contact.
    https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2026-April/033484.html

Ben Huntsman has a copy of V8 and knows of at least 1-2 copies of V10.
This was before V8-V10 were added to the archive in June 2020,
so the legal situation was unclear.
    https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2013-February/005991.html

Thalia


More information about the TUHS mailing list