[TUHS] UNIX Reference Card (Was: Vi Quick Reference card for 4.4 BSD)

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Fri Oct 2 08:00:12 AEST 2026


> On Friday, January 9th, 2026 at 00:58, Jonathan Gray via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org wrote:
> 
> > On Wed, Jan 07, 2026 at 05:24:13PM -0800, Mary Ann Horton via TUHS wrote:
> > 
> > I had some extra time today, so I went ahead and scanned the Cherry card and
> > the Bolsky card.
> > 
> > The Cherry card is unique in that the pages aren't all the same length. Each
> > section has slightly longer pages, with a "tab" heading at the bottom of the
> > first page of each section. See the 3rd page of the PDF for the full effect.
> > 
> > https://stargatemuseum.org/maps/UNIX_Reference_Card_Second_Edition_by_L.L.Cherry.pdf
> > 
> > https://stargatemuseum.org/maps/UNIX_System_Quick_Guide.pdf
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > /Mary Ann Horton/ (she/her/ma'am)
> > Award Winning Author
> > maryannhorton.com https://maryannhorton.com
> 
> Thank you. I see Warren has also added these to the archive.
> 
> https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/Cards/

Just bumping this old topic to let folks know I finally found an
original of the First Edition reference card that I had uploaded a
crusty old multi-generation photo-copy of previously.  The URL is
unchanged:

https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/Cards/UNIX_Reference_Card_by_L.L.Cherry.pdf

The README in the parent directory is also updated with this info.

- Matt G.


More information about the TUHS mailing list