X11R4 problems

Darryl Okahata darrylo at hpnmdla.HP.COM
Sat Feb 23 06:12:28 AEST 1991

In comp.unix.sysv386, proto at gagme.chi.il.us (Mike Protofanouis) writes:

> I have now been able to sucessfully build the kernel, but am now
> getting an X startup error:
>
> Creating TCP socket: Invalid argument

     This is "normal".  Ignore it.

> After that, the X screen comes up but I can't type anything.

     You're running xinit from the console (alt-F1), right?  If you are,
run it from another virtual console.  If you must run it from the
console, run xinit and bang on alt-F2, alt-F3, etc. until you can type
something (if you are running on the console, X chooses to take input
from *one* of the virtual consoles instead, and you can't type anything
until you select that virtual console -- ugh).

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd at relay.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.