login and control-d

Michael Reamy miker at efreet.UUCP
Wed Feb 27 11:51:03 AEST 1991

On many versions of Unix/Xenix I have worked with it is possible to
abandon a login attempt (at the 'login:' prompt) by typing <control-d>.
This is very useful when doing a telnet and a decision is made to
abandon the attempt (I know there are other ways to terminate telnet).
In SCO-UNIX this 'feature' seems to have been removed.  I can find no
documentation on the subject.  Does anybody know if it is possible to
turn on the <control-d> termination of a login?

Thanks ahead of time,
Michael Reamy  (...!uunet!efreet!miker)