ET400 Card

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Feb 18 15:26:44 AEST 1991

In article <22110 at hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastdd at prism.gatech.EDU (David Preston Dykes) writes:

| 	I have an STB PowerGraph with 1Mb that I will sell for $200.
| This card employs the ET4000 chipset for which Thomas Roell wrote his
| now famous server, in addition it comes with drivers for mswindows 3.0 (sic),
| autocad/shade and most of the other biggies.  If you have any further questions
| please just ask.

  And if you miss this bargain you can get a SWAN board, with ET4000,
1MB, and a waranty for $199. It comes with drivers, but I only run UNIX
so I don't particular care which one's. If you do, you should call and
ask, their phone people were very sharp, a real surprise.

  When I called I didn't have the part number, but I asked for a 1MB
board with ET4000 and they knew which one it was. They knew about asking
if I wanted the interlaced or non model (unfortunately separate boards),
and when I asked about UNIX they kew Xenix and ISC worked, which is
loads better than I usually get. Price dropped from $229 to $199 w/ 1MB
recently, so I won by waiting.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX