Displaying source machine of a telnet/rlogin session

Stu Donaldson stu at gtisqr.uucp
Sat Feb 23 06:20:31 AEST 1991

Does anyone have a method of displaying the name of the system
on the other end of a telnet or rlogin session?

I want to do a finger, and have it show me where each person is
logged in from.  I know that for hardwired lines, the convention
is to use a comment field in the /etc/inittab file, but this won't
work for network connections.

Any ideas?  I suspect I may have to replace telnetd/rlogind, but
would rather not if possible.

	-- Stu --