A simple memory card for AT bus

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Feb 4 04:08:05 AEST 1991

  This is infor on a useful memory board for AT bus memory for 286 or
SX. If that's not of intrest move on.

  The board is called the BocaRam AT-plus. I just got a pair because
both my home systems were full on the motherboard, and even a real 386DX
works better with more memory, even AT memory.

  It configures from DOS (big minus for me, I don't have DOS at all on
one system) into an EEPROM. It supports both EMS, backfill for regular
memory, and extended memory.

  The bottom line is that I spent less than a minute configuring each
board, I used the 'advinst' advanced installation (how simple can the
'install' be, the advanced was only four questions) and both boards are
running fine.

  I paid $310 for each board with 4MB populated (DRAM) and $2 for UPS
Blue. Got mine from ELKCO in Boston (1-800-24-ELKCO) who also supplied
my Cyrix 387SX.

  If you can put memory on the motherboard it's usually faster, but if
you need a low cost board which works well with Xenix and Dell V.4, and
doesn't fight with the NEAT chipset, then this might be useful.

  No connection other than a delighted user running much faster now.

--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX