wanted: dialback program

Steve Harris vsh at etnibsd.UUCP
Wed Nov 23 10:53:56 AEST 1988

Wanted: dialback program (login replacement)

What with all the publicity around the virus/worm, our management has
decided we need better security.

What we need is a means whereby whenever somebody dials in to our
system, instead of login, they get a "dialback" program, which asks for
their username and phone number.  The program hangs up, verifys the
name and number in some "authorized users" file, does a dialback, and
execs(?) /bin/login.

I presume this program would be a login replacement (the "lo" entry in
gettytab would be "lo=/etc/dialback").  I could probably write it
myself but I'm sure somebody must have done it already.  Can anybody
help?

Thanks in advance
--
Steve Harris -- Eaton Corp. -- Beverly, MA --  uunet!etnibsd!vsh