- substitute 'tm' for the tape in all
Yes, I did it, I was very careful about not screwing up things by not
- substitute 'hp' for the disk in all
- use hptmunix when booting
Yes, I wrote 'hp(0,0)hptmunix'
- do a 'mv hptmunix unix' in preparing
Yes, and then I removed all instances except 'unix' with the commands
HP*IX' and 'RM RP*IX' as according to this site:
(don't worry, your HOWTO as
my main guide, I just used that wiki entry as a companion). Maybe should I
leave HPTMUNIX and RP*IX?
- 'make rp04' and 'make tm' in
/dev for creating devices
- use 153406 as size for the filesystem on
Yes, I was about to type 74000 but then I saw 153406 is the correct value
- copy /usr/mdec/hpuboot as boot block?
Yes, I wrote 'dd if=/usr/mdec/hpuboot of=/dev/rp0 count=1'
So I'm not sure what's the problem. I will try it again with the shipped
Ubuntu package and I will be more careful. If it fails then I will compile
3.9-0. And if it fails again I will use Clem Cole's suggestions. Wish me
BTW, what version of SIMH did you use when writing your guide, Hellwig?