[COFF] Fwd: Old and Tradition was [TUHS] V9 shell

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Feb 18 10:17:27 AEST 2020

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020, Bakul Shah wrote:

> What brand was your grandfather's sliderule?

Mine was an Arista, and had it right through school; have no idea where it
is now.  I also had a circular slide rule, which was fascinating.

Trivia: slide rules were banned for exams (and no calculators in those
days), but log tables were OK; come some important exam, some idiot of a
teacher forgot to specify that log tables were allowed so they were
forbidden.  I merely worked the problems through right down to the long
division, and left them there with a note saying that we were supposed to
use log tables; I passed...

-- Dave