CD-ROM from SCO unlikely

Robin Birch robin at falstaf.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 06:37:13 AEST 1998

In message <199802252335.KAA25775 at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au>, Warren Toomey
<wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au> writes
>> Don't say I didn't tell you.
>
>Oh, I was expecting this.
>
>> I wonder if it's worth doing CD-ROMs for a few hundred people.
>> Initially you might sell 200, but then the rest would come over a
>> period of time, during which there would be updates.  In addition, the
>> CD-ROM format isn't ideal for everybody: many would like it on tape.
>> I'd suggest that somebody cut WORMs for those who want it on CD-ROM,
>> and tapes for those who want it on tape.  I can offer a variety of
>> tape formats, including (soon, hopefully) whatever a TS05 can write
>> (what's that?  1600bpi?), but not WORMs.
>
>I'd like to see:
>
>       + a number of volunteers who are prepared to cut CD-ROMs
>       + a number of volunteers who are prepared to cut tapes
>       + a number of volunteers who are prepared to build kernels

Can do TK50, Exabyte, 0.25 SCSI cassette and will build kernels of
anything that I can safely get up on my 11/73.

This will be for UK distrib although I'll send anywhere if the postage
is reimbursed.

Robin

PS, I may be able to do TS05 in the future.
Robin Birch     robin at falstaf.demon.co.uk

M1ASU           Old computers and radios always welcome