PUPS Mail List welcome + news

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Mon May 11 08:58:57 AEST 1998

We've had a regular intake of new subscribers to the PUPS mailing list, so
I thought I'd say Welcome to all the newcomers. There are now 90 people on
the list, and the quantity of messages is increasing daily.

The mailing list is also available in a digest form, which is distributed
twice a week. If you would rather be on the digest list, send mail to
majordomo at minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au with the lines in the body of the mail:

	unsubscribe pups
	subscribe pups-digest

For more information about old UNIX, see the PUPS web pages at
http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/PUPS, and the FAQ in particular.

The most recent news is that both Bob Supnik and the Begemot team have
released new versions of their PDP-11 emulators. A further bug in Bob's
emulator was found by Steven Schultz, so we might see a patch to the
emulator coming out soon.

The PUPS volunteers have been hard at work burning and mailing out the
first batch of CDs containing the PUPS Archive, which is now about 520Megs
in size. We also have about 30 people with authorised access into the
on-line PUPS Archive.

Dion at SCO has promised another batch of new UNIX licenses, which I
should receive in the next few days. When I do, I'll post the details here.

That's all for now. Ciao,

	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au (8.8.8/8.8.8) id JAA23314
	for pups-liszt; Mon, 11 May 1998 09:20:25 +1000 (EST)