Installing UNIX on an 11/94

Steven M. Schultz sms at moe.2bsd.com
Sat Dec 18 04:22:39 AEST 1999

Hi -

> From: Johnny Billquist <bqt at Update.UU.SE>
> Agree. I'd like to get my hands on a /94 myself... :-)

	An 11/93 would be nice too, Qbus systems use less power and make less
	noise from what I have seen.

> Less powerhungry, yes. It also takes less space on the Unibus, and is
> faster. But I wasn't aware that the DEUNA had any more bugs than the
> DELUA. Please enlight me. (I only use DELUAs myself, but I have one or two
> DEUNAs lying around).

	I know the DEQNA had firmware problems that could cause the board to
	lock up under load - perhaps I was confusing the DEQNA and DEUNA.
	The later Qbus board (DELQA) was much nicer in the same way that the
	DELUA is better than the DEUNA.

	Steven Schultz
	sms at moe.2bsd.com

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id GAA73620
	for pups-liszt; Sat, 18 Dec 1999 06:10:57 +1100 (EST)