Why not 4.4BSD?

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.edu.au
Wed Jan 27 08:36:27 AEST 1999

Just my $0.02 worth.

I haven't moved the majority of 4BSD stuff into the PUPS Archive mainly to
give Kirk a chance to sell his 4 CD set containing all the CSRG releases.
He's done a lot of hard work a) writing BSD code over the years and
b) finding, transcribing from tape, and organising the various releases onto
the CD set.

I am always prepared to distribute sub-parts of the 4CD set to people if
they want it, and I'd be very happy to put into the PUPS Archive the most
popular 4BSD releases. In fact, this has been done, to some extent.

I would resist the urge to distribute the entire CSRG collection either
via media or through the on-line archive, at least until Kirk has been
recompensed for his work.

However, Emanuel let me know exactly which 4BSD release you'd like to see,
and it will be added!

Cheers,
	Warren

P.S Also, a plea for unity w.r.t this mailing list, or at the very least
a sense of restraint and _understanding_ of other people's viewpoints.
Thanks.

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id JAA18201
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:37:09 +1100 (EST)