Hardware info in Unix Archive

Warren Toomey wkt at cs.adfa.edu.au
Wed Jun 7 08:23:20 AEST 2000

In article by emanuel stiebler:
> > I'd prefer to not put things into the archive unless they were
> Unix-related.
> Why not an pointer to the ftp archive ?
> If something changes there, we're updated. So we have to keep track of the
> changes :-(

Pointers would go on the web pages (that's easy). Real files in the Archive :-)

As part of the division of things into system/platform-specific and
Unix-generic areas, I'm updating the Unix Heritage Society web pages.
A preview is at http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/tuhs/

We need more affiliated groups! Bob, you want to lead an IBM group?
David, how about an encumbered BSD group? Minnie will provide web space,
archive area, mail list as required.

The web page above is the place to put pointers to hardware information
and other useful stuff, unless that has already been done by an affiliated
group. So start sending me URLs :-)

The existing pups at minnie mail list will become the tuhs at minnie list. A
new pups at minnie list will be created for PDP-11 specific stuff. Next week
sometime.

In a month say, I'll reorganise the structure of the PUPS Archive, and
rename it as the Unix Archive. If you have mirrors, don't worry I'll
e-mail out a shell script with lots of mkdir and mv commands in it :-)

Cheers,
	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id IAA17685
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:51:22 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)