Help: PDP-11 instruction classification (again!)

Johnny Billquist bqt at Update.UU.SE
Thu May 11 15:56:02 AEST 2000

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Tim Shoppa wrote:

> >J11 = KDJ-11A or KDJ-11B
>
> And lots of other systems.  Some DEC peripherals (most noticably the
> early HSC storage controllers for VAXclusters) have J11's, several Xerox
> laserprinters used J11's, DEC PRO380's used J11's.  Many third-party
> CPU boards use J11's, it's not unusual to see them scrounging the used
> market for HSC's to strip the J11 from, as the HSC's generally had late-rev
> J11's.  (And Harris hasn't made the J11 chips for many years now.)

Actually, the first HSCs (HSC-50 and HSC-70) have an F11. Hmmm, a bit
unsure about the HSC-70 come to think of it. The HSC-50 is definitely F-11
anyway, and that's the oldest one. Boots of DECtape II. Slow as hell
because of it. :-)

> You can find T11 chips in several Q-bus and Unibus peripherals, most notably
> the RQDX1, 2, and 3 (the chip labeled "27-17311-01").

What cpu is in the DEUNA and DEQNA? I think those also have a T11.

> The CPU chipset used in the LSI-11/02 and /03 is a Western Digital chipset,
> and the same set was used (with different microcode) by other CPU makers.
> In particular, the Alpha Micro two-board S-100 set.

And I think DEC even supported the possibility of writing your own
microcode for this one.

	Johnny

                                  ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id QAA82993
	for pups-liszt; Thu, 11 May 2000 16:21:04 +1000 (EST)