[pups] A bootable disk image for a PDP-11/34?

Ian King iking at microsoft.com
Sat Feb 3 03:03:59 AEST 2001

After seeing all the mail of success with the Supnik emulator, I found a
compiled copy and tried that -- and got to a login: prompt!  That's with the
image you sent me -- many thanks.  I'm going to have to learn more about the
Supnik emulator now; in particular, I need to understand how to set it for a
given processor emulation, so that once I rebuild the system to run on a '34
(which is supposed to be feasible), I can be reasonably sure it will work
once it's ported over to the real machine.

NOTE: neither simulator will run in a DOS box on Windows 2000.  E11 starts
up, but has problem accessing files (you can't MOUNT a file as a device).
Supnik just won't go at all.  I've been running my emulator on a DOS machine
(actually, an old 486 laptop; hey guys, I have a laptop PDP-11!).

Cheers -- Ian