[pups] PDP11/73, RD53, RX50... What are my options?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Sep 3 04:03:52 AEST 2002

On 2002.09.02 09:38 Tobias Russell wrote:

> I'd like to get BSD2.11 onto the machine. What is going to be the best
> route? I assume that my chances of breaking through TSX security (so I
> can use kermit) are small, so is vtserver going to be the easiest
method?
- Break in TSX (don't ask me how) and write a boot tape to the Cipher
(nine track tape?)
- Get a MicroVAX II (KA630) or III (KA650 / KA655) CPU and RAM. Replace
the PDP CPU and RAM with it. Boot NetBSD diskless, write tapes with
maketape, reinstall the PDP11 CPU / RAM, boot from tape. Ahhh - you have
a DELQA?
- Prepare a RD53 image with a PDP11 emulator on your PeeCee and transfer
it to the real RD53 using a MicroVAX.
- Use vtserver and a loooot of patience.
- ???
--

tschüß,
         Jochen