Some questions, was Re: [pups] Test

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 18 09:53:09 AEST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 06:36:28PM -0500, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> 1) What is the status of networking, with regards to the boot images?

  The distribution doesn't include any networking IIRC.

> 2) Has anyone actually managed to dump the image that's contained within the
> Soupnik collected UNIX versions to an actual disk?

  Yep--that's how I got my system bootstrapped.  dd'd the image to a SCSI disk
and stuck it in my /73.

> 3) Has anyone actually managed to build a kernel from that source code?

  "That" being the stuff in the standard distribution?  Yes.

> "Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.

  What, with "oh dear" and "oh, Jamie!" competing for the status of favourite?

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual