[pups] Progress on 2.11BSD kernel

Ian King iking at killthewabbit.org
Sat Mar 22 04:08:35 AEST 2003

Steve,

Now I know I'm missing something.  I tried following your advice, using the
disklabel utility running under the old kernel.  From what you say below, I
assume you are referring to the 'fstype' parameter on the partition, not the
'type' parameter for the drive, correct?  The drive type is MSCP, and the
partition fstype is 2.11BSD.

I tried changing the partition type with disklabel -e -r but, when I exited
vi, I got an error message saying that the type I'd provided was not valid.
Viewing the label (with disklabel -r) showed the fstype set to 'unknown'.

Just for grins, I tried modifying the drive type, too - no success there,
either.  The disklabel utility isn't having any of that; again it claims
'unknown'.

Oh well, while I'm waiting for your reply I can rebuild my kernel with a
higher MAXUSERS parameter.  :-)

Thanks -- Ian