[pups] 2.11BSD ftp to moe.2bsd.com

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Oct 31 00:08:23 AEST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:07:12PM +0100, Mario Premke wrote:

> Are there any old <fully 'current' systems> around?

  Check out "The Unix Archive", e.g.,

http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/pups/PDP-11/Distributions/ucb/2.11BSD/

PUPS (http://minnie.tuhs.org/PUPS/index.html) has a link to various mirrors.

Once you get things installed, check /VERSION.  That will tell you the
patch level of what you have running; IIRC the files above are about ten
or so patches behind.  Not that bad.

> Has anybody tried to run it on an emulator?

  I ran it once on, IIRC, SIMH and it worked fine.

David Evans                                         dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual